It is "very early days" in the development of this site and much planning for its organization has yet to be done, but let me spell out some guiding principles I plan to follow:
What it is intended to be...
- an inside view of my own personal adaptation of technology to enhance my work life and leisure time.
- an organized compendium of digital discoveries that will allow the reader to focus on his or her area of particular interest -iPhone, iPad, iMac, Apple TV, Apple Watch, Apple Music, or home theater, for example. These sections have yet to be developed.
- a site with a declared bias for the Apple ecosystem, so you won't see much about Android, Samsung, etc., although I do venture out into Roku, Sony audio/video, and streaming services such as Vudu, Acorn TV, etc.
- a place where enthusiastic users of such technology (novices and power users alike) can go for demystified explanations of the ways in which I have employed digital devices, apps and services to serve my needs. I need to emphasize that this site will have a very personal focus - what works for me may not make sense for you, and that's fine.
What it is NOT intended to be...
- a daily tech news source. There are plenty of excellent resources for this type of info which I will link to in the Resources section of this site as I develop the site more fully.
- a technology rant soapbox for grinding one ax or another. Time here will be focused on communicating what works, without diatribe about what Apple or others "have not done right". There's plenty of that to be found elsewhere.
In summary, this site will likely evolve partly as a continuing stream of consciousness and partly as a body of (hopefully) well-organized thoughts. We'll see how it goes and I'll look forward to your constructive feedback.